Gateway Hub FAQs
- Geneos - Gateway Hub - how to recover the apid service if it could not keep up after a service failure
- Gateway HUB - How to recreate Postgress database in one of the nodes
- Gateway Hub: How to tell if Timescale is keeping up with data compression and retention policies
- Geneos - Hub - SSO & Kerberos Token size limits
- Geneos - Gateway Hub installation and cloud-init based system issues
ITRS - General
- Geneos - ALERT GOVERNANCE: How do I manage my alerts such that I am not overwhelmed?
- Geneos - Can Geneos integrate with Moogsoft.
- Geneos - IBM i - Lower the Priority of IBM i jobs created by IBM i Plugins
- ITRS - Vulnerability in Apache Log4j
- Geneos - Rules - Which loops can be used in rules
- Geneos - Hub - LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090453, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v3839
Active Console FAQs
- Geneos- How to create an exportable report with values
- Geneos - Active Console - Refactor List Views containing XPaths with Non-Identifying Predicates
- Geneos - How to create a diagnostics file for the Active Console
- Geneos - Active Console - I have problems trying to start up the Active Console
- Geneos - Active Console - Seeing "displayConversionInformation(Unknown Source)" error message on start-up
- Geneos - Active Console - Why can't I open my Active Console with the error "Failed to load native library, exiting"?
Active Dashboard and Palette FAQs
- Geneos - How to display date and time on a dashboard
- Geneos - How to access object properties more quickly in Active Console Dashboard
- Geneos - Active Console - Why does the Active Console complain when importing a dashboard.
- Geneos - Active Console - Infrastructure Monitoring Dashboard (Example Dashboard)
- Geneos - Templated Dashboards
- Geneos - Dashboards - How to set links when using custom tools in the dashboard
Dashboard and Web Server FAQs
- Geneos - Newer Webserver / Web Dashboard versions are not compatible with Java 8
- Geneos - Web Dashboard - How to solve "keytool error: java.io.IOException: keystore password was incorrect" due to unsupported characters
- Geneos - Web Dashboard - Page cannot be reached
- Geneos - Web Dashboard - How to solve a blank web dashboard or object after upgrading to GA4.12 and above
- Geneos - Web Dashboard's Mbeans
- Geneos - Why is my Webdashboard blank when uploaded in a RHELv7.4 + system
Gateway Setup Editor FAQs
- Geneos - 'schemas' : Unmatched child node. Perhaps the nodes are in the wrong order, or the node is invalid at this location?
- Geneos - How do I input a comment in a rule?
- Geneos - Why do the parentheses disappear in the rule
- Geneos - How to reformat an existing datacell? e.g. change the display unit
- Geneos - How do I compare two or more cells that are in different samplers?
- Geneos - Using rule how do I convert seconds to days, hours, and minutes?
Gateway 2 FAQs
- Geneos - How to disable additional Gateway Info Managed Entity
- Geneos - What does ActionManager Cancelled execution of command mean.
- Geneos - how to receive email updates with screenshots of my dataviews? (Gateway version GA5.14 and above)
- Geneos - How to use a rule to capture the names of the headlines in a dataview which have 0 value
- Geneos - How to refresh "suspended a toolkit check" in bulk
- Geneos - How to use REST API to get a snapshot of a dataview
Gateway2 Error messages
- Geneos - Gateway - Crash after "Too many open files" error is logged
- Geneos - Gateway - Why does the error "ERROR: TRANSLATOR Unhandled message of type 5678" occur in the gateway
- Gateway - How to solve "FATAL: Gateway New <INSECURE/SECURE> listen port <port> is unavailable"
- Geneos - Gateway - What causes the error "startTime must be earlier than the endTime"
- Geneos - Gateway - What does the gateway log error "INFO: AlertManager Unable to determine snooze and active state of variable.." mean?
- Geneos - How to fix "WARNING Absolute/Relative secondary variables should not contains wildcards - only the first data-item returned will be used..." when saving Gateway configuration?
Geneos Databases and Data Retrieval FAQs
- Geneos - Why does Item deleted -1 occur
- Geneos - what does the error mean: WARN: DBLogger::updateCellLogValueFailed Failed to lookup dataitem '<XPath>', log success state may be invalid
- Geneos - How to solve the error "ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: There is a tds login error. The installed encryption handler returned a status that was not CS_SUCCEED"
- Geneos - Gateway - Gateway database logging, performance and .dat dump files
- Geneos - Does the var_ref value in Database Logging have a maximum limit?
- Geneos - Oracle index does not shrink when deleting data from a table
Security and User Access FAQs
- Geneos - How to restrict which data a user can view from a gateway
- Geneos - How do Command Permissions and Command Groups work in Gateway Authentication
- Geneos - Netprobe - How to use SSL Certificate Chains to Validate Netprobes
- Geneos - Commands - How to restrict access to individual arguments of a command
- Geneos - Authentication - How to disable or restrict commands for certain users
- Geneos - How to setup gateway authentication for a generic user?
- Geneos - ERROR: ProcessContext::initialise Unable to get group info : Success(0) message appears in NetProbe log file
- Geneos - View NetProbe Log command is not working.
- Geneos - How do I restart a netprobe.
- Geneos - How to show the environment variables of a running Netprobe process in Linux?
- Geneos - How to address the error "ConvertTo-SecureString : The system cannot find the path specified." in the Citrix Integration solution
- Geneos - How to address the error "ConvertTo-SecureString : Key not valid for use in specified state." in the Citrix Integration solution
Monitoring File FAQs
- Geneos - How to monitor in FKM if a string is not written to the log for X time
- Geneos - how to monitor if log files are updated with specific patterns?
- Geneos - NetProbe - How do I monitor a file which changes its name ?
- Geneos - How to monitor a file whose name has characters between the date?
- Geneos - How to monitor number of files in a folder?