Netprobe down, Netprobe disconnects, Netprobe is down, Netprobe crashing, Netprobe is disconnected, Netprobe unreachable, Netprobe unavailable
- Your Gateway is unable to connect to the Netprobe properly and is showing as disconnected or unavailable
Root Cause 1 - The Netprobe process must have exited or has been killed
Root Cause 2 - The Netprobe encountered a crash
Root Cause 3 - The Netprobe process is busy and is no longer responsive or has hanged
Root Cause 4 - The Netprobe connection has been suspended
Root Cause 5 - The Netprobe license is unavailable
Solution Root Cause 1 - Log on to the Netprobe host server and check if the Netprobe process is indeed running or not; verify the most recent entries in the Netprobe log as well for additional context on what has transpired during the time period.
Solution Root Cause 2 - Do the same steps as Solution 1; if the Netprobe process has indeed crashed, it would have produced a core file which you can send to ITRS for further analysis of any underlying issue(s).
Solution Root Cause 3 - If a Netprobe process becomes unresponsive this can lead to connection time-outs with the Gateway; what causes a Netprobe process to be unresponsive varies from being busy or overutilized to having misconfigured samplers that need to be isolated. This requires some debugging to get further information on the Netprobe logs
Solution Root Cause 4 - If a Netprobe has been suspended, it is due to the Data Quality feature of the Gateway which isolates Netprobe connections that are no longer up to date and is taking up too much processing time. This status can be seen on the Gateway logs as well as on the ActiveConsole icons.
Solution Root Cause 5 - The required license is unavailable for your Netprobe; there are steps to look into your license availability and entitlements on the License Daemon (LICD) as well as Gateway to monitor them properly.
- Netprobe unable to connect to my gateway
- Geneos - Netprobe is crashing
- Geneos - Netprobe consuming high CPU
- Netprobe performance issues samplers are not keeping up
- A netprobe becomes disconnected from the gateway from time to time. How do I troubleshoot this?
- Data Quality User Guide
- What can cause Netprobes to go in suspended mode by the Gateway?
- Why does my Netprobe keep disconnecting?
- Netprobe - Disconnect Behaviors
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Complete Netprobe log(s)
- Netprobe core file (if available)
- Gateway logs (as required)
- Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.