History Chart, Historical graphs, Active Console, Database, graphs no working.
- You cannot connect to the database when creating a history chart.
- Root Cause 1: Active Console version may be outdated or does not include the library for the particular database
- Root Cause 2: The database is not accessible from your Active Console workstation.
Solution Root Cause 1
- User can go to the Help => About menu, and scroll down to locate the Database support section. Please check that the respective database library is available.
- Most databases are set up to be secured and only accessible from certain hosts like the Gateway host/server. Check with your network and database team if connections can be permitted from your workstation to the database.
Solution Root Cause 2 -
- A quick way to check if to perform a connection test via telnet or cURL or PowerShell's Test-NetConnection from your Active Console workstation to the database's host and port.
- Below sample commands show successful connection from a workstation to the database's host and port.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>echo quit | telnet 192.168.101.43 3306
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client
Escape Character is 'CTRL+]'
C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl -v 192.168.101.43:3306
* Rebuilt URL to: 192.168.101.43:3306/
* Trying 192.168.101.43...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to 192.168.101.43 (192.168.101.43) port 3306 (#0)
- PowerShell Test-NetConnection
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName 192.168.101.43 -Port 3306
ComputerName : 192.168.101.43
RemoteAddress : 192.168.101.43
RemotePort : 3306
InterfaceAlias : Ethernet 4
SourceAddress : 192.168.200.1
TcpTestSucceeded : True
- What is a History Chart and how does it work?
- Create history charts
- When history chart is not working
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Active Console diagnostic file
- Screenshot of your Active Console showing the error when you create a History Chart.
- Telnet, curl, netcat test from your Active Console workstation to the database host and port.
- Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.