Active Console workspace exception, unable to write file, java.io.FileNotFoundException.
- When a user tries to save Active Console workspace, it fails with an error message like the screen capture. The user can double click on the "Unable to write file" message to display additional details.
- Root Cause 1: Permission issue on the workspace folders
- Root Cause 2: Multiple Active Console sessions are open that conflict with each other
- Root Cause 3: Active Console version compatibility with workspace file
- Solution Root Cause 1: On the Active Console, select Help => About menu and scroll down to see the section Workspace Information. Please check whether the file paths are on a network drive. Make sure the user has read and write permissions for the folders.
- Solution Root Cause2: If the user wants to run multiple sessions of Active Console, each Active Console should be configured to use a unique working directory. Please look for the -wsp parameter in the ActiveConsole.gci configuration file.
- Solution Root Cause 3: Over the years new features have been added to Active Console. Older versions of Active Console may not be compatible with workspace files saved in newer versions. It is recommended to use the same or newer versions of Active Console to open and save existing workspace files.
If Issue Persists
- Please contact our Client Services team via the chat service box available on any of our websites or via email to email@example.com.
- Make sure you provide the below information to us:
- Any screenshot or error message displayed
- Any troubleshooting steps already verified from the ones described in this article.