Unable to connect, unable to access the Gateway via the Active Console.
- When opening up Active Console you see that there is a one of the following icons:
- Gateway process is not running or down.
- The machine that the Gateway should be running on is down or unable to connect to.
- The connection settings are not correct in the Active Console -
The Gateway Port has not been opened.
- User has no access to the Gateway – Authentication failed icon displayed
The Gateway Process is running but the gateway is overloaded to the point it cannot connect.
- License Warning.
- Solution 1: Checking that there is a Gateway process running e.g. "ps - ef | grep gateway", if not then start it using the start gateway script "start_gateway2".
- Solution 2: Make sure you are able to ping the machine that the Gateway is installed on, if you cannot ping it then check network/physical connections to it. If you can ping it, try performing a verification you can connect to the port from your client machine (eg: telnet hostname port), if you can't connect verify any firewall or the listening interface is the same as the interface you trying to connect.
- Solution 3: : Check that the Hostname field contains the correct hostname/ip address and Port is correct, making sure that the port specified is allowed through the firewall. See this link to setup connections in Active Console.
- Solution 4: Ask the Gateway Admin to grant access to the user.
- Solution 5:
If the disconnection occurs frequently, do any of the following:
- Restart the Active Console.
- Create a new workspace.
- Connect to the affected Gateway and observe if the error still persists.
If the disconnection stops, then the original workspace causes the issue.
To resolve this, do the following in the Active Console:
- Remove the unused List views.
- Remove the unused dashboards.
- Only connect to the Gateways that are being monitored.
- Optimise the XPaths on the List views and dashboards.
- Solution 6: Get in contact with your Account manager regarding licence issues.
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to email@example.com
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Screenshot of the Gateways Dockable
-Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.