Unable to connect, unable to access the Gateway via the Active Console, Gateway unable to connect to licence daemon, Gateway unable to connect to license daemon.
- When opening up Active Console you see that there is a one of the following icons:
- Gateway is unable to connect to license daemon.
- Root Cause 1 - Gateway process is not running or down.
- Root Cause 2 - The machine that the Gateway should be running on is down or unable to connect to.
- Root Cause 3 - The connection settings are not correct in the Active Console -
The Gateway Port has not been opened.
- Root Cause 4 - User has no access to the Gateway – Authentication failed icon displayed
Root Cause 5 - The Gateway Process is running but the gateway is overloaded to the point it cannot connect.
- Root Cause 6 - License Warning.
- Root Cause 7 - Gateway process running version GA5.2.x or higher, will not connect to a license daemon running version GA5.1.x or earlier.
- Solution Root Cause 1: Checking that there is a Gateway process running e.g. "ps - ef | grep gateway", if not then start it using the start gateway script "start_gateway2".
- Solution Root Cause 2: Make sure you are able to ping the machine that the Gateway is installed on, if you cannot ping it then check network/physical connections to it. If you can ping it, try performing a verification you can connect to the port from your client machine (eg: telnet hostname port), if you can't connect verify any firewall or the listening interface is the same as the interface you trying to connect.
- Solution Root Cause 3: Check that the Hostname field contains the correct hostname/ip address and Port is correct, making sure that the port specified is allowed through the firewall. See this link to setup connections in Active Console.
- Solution Root Cause 4: Ask the Gateway Admin to grant access to the user.
- Solution Root Cause 5: If the disconnection occurs frequently, do any of the following:
- Check if the Gateway is overloaded by looking at the Gateway's Data Quality statistics. For more information, see Gateway log file reporting in Data Quality Guide.
- If the Gateway is overloaded, conduct a performance tuning on the Gateway. For more information, see Gateway Performance Tuning.
Gateway is not overloaded, but the disconnection still occurs frequently, check the Active Console.
- Restart the Active Console.
- Create a new workspace.
- Connect to the affected Gateway and observe if the error still persists.
If the disconnection stops, then the original workspace causes the issue.
To resolve this, do the following in the Active Console:
- Remove the unused List views.
- Remove the unused dashboards.
- Only connect to the Gateways that are being monitored.
- Optimise the XPaths on the List views and dashboards.
- Solution Root Cause 6: Get in contact with your Account manager regarding licence issues.
- Solution 1 Root Cause 7: Upgrade the license daemon to version GA5.2.x or higher to avoid seeing below message in the gateway log:
2022-01-12 01:03:44.079+0800 WARN: LicenceManager Licence Daemon not running/disconnected
2022-01-12 01:03:44.079+0800 INFO: LicenceManager Licence Daemon connection failure
2022-01-12 01:03:59.189+0800 WARN: ORB The version (GA5.1.0-200327) of the component connecting from localhost is not supported.
2022-01-12 01:03:59.189+0800 WARN: GatewayLicenceManager Licence connection was rejected. Description: Unsupported Geneos version
2022-01-12 01:03:59.189+0800 WARN: LicenceManager Unable to connect to Licence Daemon
2022-01-12 01:03:59.189+0800 INFO: LicenceManager Licence Daemon connection failure
- Solution 2 Root Cause 7: If unable to upgrade license daemon, downgrade the Gateway to version GA5.1.x or earlier.
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Screenshot of the Gateways Dockable
- Active Console Diagnostic File
-Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.