Netprobe's CPU is high, high CPU consumption, Netprobe busy, Netprobe is stale
Your monitoring has detected a Netprobe process that is constantly consuming high CPU (e.g. 80% and above) for a period of time.
This is caused by the amount of data extracted by the plugins running on the said Netprobe. Plugins such as the FKM, State Tracker, Message Tracker, JMX, API, Toolkit and SQL-Toolkit can extract hundreds to thousands of data if they are not properly configured.
Solution 1 - Monitor by exception.
Solution 2 - Split the samplers into multiple Netprobes:
- This spreads the CPU utilization to multiple Netprobe processes.
- This method also ensures that other samplers can sample immediately instead of waiting for heavy samplers to finish.
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to email@example.com
- Make sure you provide to us:
- The solution applied - e.g. Solution 1
- Gateway diagnostics file
- Name of the Netprobe
- Complete Netprobe log (current and old)
- Date and time of the issue
- How long was the Netprobe consuming high CPU - e.g. 5 hours
- A screenshot of the dataview that shows the CPU utilization