This article describes how to remove a collector from a collector cluster that has more than one collector. If you want to remove a collector from a cluster that has only one collector, please see our guide on removing a collector cluster instead.
- You have an existing collector cluster which has enough collectors such that, after removing a collector, it still has a supported number of collectors.
- Log in to the Opsview UI as an administrator and navigate to Configuration > Monitoring Collectors > Clusters.
- Click the cluster’s contextual menu button and click Edit.
- Adjust the collector selection to remove the desired collector. Selected collectors are highlighted in gray. You can
CTRL + clickto deselect individual collectors.
- Click Submit Changes.
- Switch to the Collectors tab.
- Click the collector’s contexual menu button and click Delete.
- Apply Changes.
- Edit your deploy files, located in
/opt/opsview/deploy/etc/, and either comment out or remove the configuration pertaining to the deleted collector.
Configuration that may need updating includes:
- collector cluster configuration in
- SSH tunnel configuration in
- Run the
setup-everything.ymlplaybook against the entire cluster using
/opt/opsview/deploy/bin/opsview-deploy -l opsview_cluster_<cluster> /opt/opsview/deploy/lib/playbooks/setup-everything.yml
Please sign in to leave a comment.