Most workspaces that take an extended period to load have a large number of dashboards, or those dashboards have large images embedded within them. It is suggested that its impractical al to look at dozens of dashboards, and that one possible solution would be to have them as importable resources which you import when needed then remove. A dashboard can be exported to a .adb file by right clicking on its background selecting the 'Export' function. They can be reimported using the 'File --> Import' function.
|Known Defect that causes long load times
For the past few months we have had a rash of clients reporting work spaces that are taking ages to load, sometime over an hour, and this is before the gateways have started to connect etc. We have tracked down the reason which is as follows:
1) The work space (.awx) file is actually a zip and if you open it up then there is a directory structure
2) If you go into Dashboard, you will find a file called Palettetools.xml, and if you open this and search for the word 'fat' you will find the following
3) You will note the bounds of the gauge towards the top of the XML fragment.
4) Now save your workspace (copy the modified Palettetools.xml into the zip archive), then close down the AC
5) open it back up with the same workspace and save again
6) now investigate the same XML fragment in the newly saved workspace and you will note that gauge is now larger.
Investigating the other tools you will note this does not happen to them. Over time this size gets so large that the work space takes an age to load, and will only get worse. The issue can be fixed by editing the XML manually and putting back the original figures as shown above, but its a sticky plaster it just resets the issue.
Still a problem?
If the gauge tool has been used there maybe issues inside the palette.xml outside the above. If you do a search for 'E14' and look for large numbers like the example above, then these should also be replaced with the <widgetbounds> tag contents above.
If you create a new workspace in GA4.0.0 active console this issue will not occur.