A common scenario model is to test DR capacity. To do this
- click on the segment of the sunburst that encapsulates the source workloads to migrate to the DR environment, then drag without lifting the mouse button, to the destination.
- release the mouse button
- the model will simulate the uplift in demand of all workloads running in the DR environment
- If there is not sufficient capacity a yellow indicator will appear on the timeline and components of the sunburst and storage will likely go black.
- The watch-list will contain a summary of all entities that have now breached their capacity thresholds
- The operations tab will have a summary of the amount of compute and storage required to address the capacity issue
Furthermore, this scenario will always be available and, provided it was created using the default baseline, will update as the baseline updates on a daily basis. This can then be used as a forward looking DR test that is continuously updating. Opening the scenario will re-run the migration operation and indicate visibly if there is sufficient capacity.