There are a number of situations and reasons which mean that the Netprobe cannot start, this page discuses some of the common problems
|The perfmon counters of the OS might have issues that have contributed to the Netprobe not being able to start up.
To fix this issue, execute the following command via the command prompt (MS-DOS) windows to rebuild the perfmon counters.
If the following command still does not work, the server may need a reboot.
|This might be caused by Windows' ntdll.dll library.
To verify this:
1. Run the affected Netprobe in the foreground (not as a service)
This most likely will fail.
2. Open Window's Event Viewer
3. Go to Windows Logs > Application
4. Search for the log pertaining to the Netprobe process and click it
5. On the General Tab, look for "faulting module name" parameter
Once verified, reboot the server.