Import Hosts into Opsview using a spreadsheet:-
The spreadsheet attached import_excel.xls will allow you to do bulk host imports into opsview by updating the 2nd sheet with the hosts that you want to modify, once satisfied with your input, copy over the file
to the Opsview server and run:
/opt/opsview/coreutils/bin/import_excel -y -o /tmp/results.xls /tmp/import_excel.xls***
This will read the data from the import_excel.xls*** file and write results into results.xls
(it will be created with results on the last two columns)
You can transfer results.xls back to your PC for checking the status if there are any
changes to be made, once content, re-run the process again as per your desired output.
- Columns with orange headings will be updated as part of the results report, Do not change any of the column headers.
- Look at the column header comments for more information about each column any columns that do not have any data will not be changed
- If you need to clear data for columns that hold lists of things (such as host templates), put NONE as the text.
- You will also need to add the community string as per the column, you will have to do this as there is sensitive information included.
- Note if you leave the monitored by section blank the hosts will be monitored by the master monitoring server/orchestrator.
- You can bulk update the same way with a CSV file using the UTF-8 format so that it is readable as a spreadsheet assuming you are using excel, then accordingly copy and paste data over to the excel sheet from the CSV.