On Debian 9-10 systems, we have noticed the error as below,
Failed to reload sysctl: net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
This errors out at the TASK [opsview_host : Set sysctl config settings]
while running the setup-everything.yml playbook, which basically consists of the below 3 playbooks:
- import_playbook: setup-hosts.yml
- import_playbook: setup-infrastructure.yml
- import_playbook: setup-opsview.yml
In order to fix this failure:
- You have to delete all lines referencing IPv6 /etc/sysctl.conf EXCEPT the below:
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
OR (Alternative Fix)
- Enter the command in the terminal:
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
This should fix your playbook failure.
Please sign in to leave a comment.