The Slack notification method only supports sending notifications to a single Slack channel. If you would like to send notifications to additional channels, you must create additional Slack notification methods.
To create an additional Slack notification method, you need to first create a variable to specify the webhook URL and channel name. After creating the variable, you can make a new notification method that uses the
notify_by_slack command with the new variable. You need to repeat this process for each Slack channel you want to receive notifications.
- You have the webhook URL and name of the Slack channel
- Log in to the UI as an administrator and navigate to Configuration > Variables.
- Click Add new in the top left of the page to create a new variable. Input the following settings:
|Name||<variable name, e.g.
|Label Arg1||Webhook URL|
|Default Arg1||<insert the webhook URL of the Teams channel>|
|Label Arg2||Channel name|
|Default Arg2||<insert the channel name including the ‘#’, e.g.
- Click Submit Changes
- Navigate to Configuration > Notification Methods.
- Click Add new in the top left of the page to create a new notification method. Input the following settings:
|Name||<method name, e.g. Slack 2>|
|Run On||<Orchestrator or Collector, as appropriate for your system>|
<VARIABLE_NAME> with the name set in step 2, e.g. for
SLACK_2 you would input
notify_by_slack -c '%SLACK_2:1%' -u '%SLACK_2:2%'
Leave all non-specified fields empty.
TestingYou can test the new notification method configuration in the Test tab of the notification method creation dialog.
- Click Submit Changes.
- Apply changes.