Geneos rules, Gateway rules, rule block, rules, compare values, if operator.
Need to compare the value from the target data-cell with another value from the dataview.
- Given a cpu_sampler dataview like this one:
- Define the rule target to point at CPU "0" %processorTime:
- Define the path alias to point at CPU "1" %processorTime (Sampler Advanced tab):
- Define the rule block section to compare the values:
- Check the results on the dataview:
(Apart from the colour displayed on the data cell, you can also right-click and select the Show Rules menu to check that the gateway rule is applied.)
- How to compare cells on the same row
- How do I calculate the difference in days between the current date and the expiry date of a license via a rule?
- How do I find invalid targets in my rules?
- What does the warning message "Ignored target for rule '<rule name>' as xpath contains non-identifying predicate" mean?
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Gateway diagnostics file
- Rule name
- Link or URL of the Rule FAQ article in question or used