Authentication, restrict dataviews, data, limit access to dataview, gateway authentication, data control.
- You want to restrict which data can be viewed by certain users, user groups. Not everyone should be able to access everything.
Gateway authentication behaviour is that once a user has gained login access to a gateway, they will be able to view all available data items hosted by that gateway. To restrict a user from accessing specific data items it won't be enough with Authentication.
To allow only certain dataviews to be visible by particular users, a possible way is to use the Gateway Sharing feature.
The existing gateway should be configured with the Exported Data options. Then, you can start a new instance of a Gateway where certain users can access, and configure the Imported Data options to copy the existing data.
More details can be found in the Gateway sharing page.
- I know I can restrict access to specific commands using authentication, but can I restrict access to individual arguments of a command?
- How to disable user from accessing Gateway Setup Editor (GSE) ?
- How do I assign permissions or roles by group?
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to email@example.com
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Gateway configuration XML
- Dataviews/Samplers wishing to be restricted
- Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.