Old FKM alerts, unexpected FKM alerts, FKM reading file from beginning, FKM re-reading file, alerts on accepted triggers, FKM reading file from the start
User is noticing the FKM plug-in is reading file from the beginning, and alerting on previously reported triggers.
Root Cause 1 - the Rewind option is ticked (disabled by default) on the FKM sampler. This will cause the FKM plugin to read the file from the beginning under the following conditions:
- A change is made to the FKM sampler configuration
- The Gateway or Netprobe is restarted
In general the FKM Rewind option should not be changed from the default, except during the development of new sampler configurations or for diagnostics.
- The first two highlighted entries picked up at 11:13:02 are for application_1.log.
- Following that, the FKM plug-in picks up keys from the application_2.log at 11:42:42.
- Then, at 11:15:42 we see the FKM plug-in treats the application_1.log file as a new file, and re-reads it from the beginning and alerts on the new and previously alerted log file entries.
Solution Root Cause 1 - When the rewind option is un-ticked (by default), the FKM plug-in reads the file from the end on start-up.
Solution Root Cause 2 (1) - Enable the Wildcard monitor all matches setting under the FKM advanced tab at the bottom of the sampler record.
This will create a a separate entry for each filename in the FKM sampler and avoid repeat alerts as seen below:
Solution Root Cause 2 (2)- In addition to the above solution, if you wish to not see one of the files listed by the FKM dataview, you can move the file to another directory.
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
- The troubleshooting steps done (refer to the Possible Cause and Solution sections of this article)
- Date and time of the issue
- FKM sampler.xml
- Screenshot of the FKM dataview if possible
- Complete Gateway Log
- Gateway and Netprobe version