Adding a new service on an existing device, such as a CPU/disk check, or scanning for services to monitor.
- You would like to add a new service to be monitored on an existing host object.
- For general use cases, you may want to create a new service and tie it to a host group instead of a host. This way, it will be easier to re-use the same service for other hosts of the same type in that group, as well as making batch changes to the service in the future.
- If a hostgroup with services already exists, you can simply add services by adding the host to that group. All host group services will then be inherited.
- If you want to create a distinct service on a specific host, tie the service to that host object instead of a group.
- To scan an existing host for suggested distinct services to add, click the wrench icon for that host, then select the type of scan you wish to perform on the right under "Related items".
If Issue Persists
- Please contact our Client Services team via the chat service box available on any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
-Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.