You may find that when going to "Report" -> "Event log", no log lines show up, and no matter how you change the options or time periods to display messages for, you are hit with this error message:
"We found no log messages for your selected options"
These logs are read from files, located in:
A failure to display the logs may have something to do with the files contained here, or how they are read and processed by monitor. Some possible causes include:
- There are no files to process in the directory.
- Some or all files may have incorrect permissions. The files should have ownership set to
- Resolution: Correct your permissions with chmod and/or chown.
- Some or all files may be compressed in place, for example with gzip. If one or more files are compressed, the entire parsing will fail.
- Resolution: Move away these files, or uncompress them if you wish to have the contents included and searchable.