The feature is introduced since Geneos v4.5
For these metrics to be collected:
- A NTP service needs to be running.
- The ntpq program needs to be accessible by Netprobe in the monitored (local) host.
According to the ntp rows' description:
|ntpAvailability||The local Network Time Protocol (NTP) service is considered available if it responds to a (
The time difference (in milliseconds) between the local clock of the monitored host and the reference clock as reported by the local NTP service.
Note: If the NTP service is not available, then this field displays a value of
If you are seeing NA in the datacell:
Please check the followings:
- Geneos process owner can run ntpq -p and get output
- In netprobe log, /usr/sbin is presented in INFO: Current path /usr/sbin when netprobe started
- In command line: which ntpq shows the path: /usr/sbin/ntpq