Opsview does not currently have the functionality to set recurring downtime within the product, but you may use a script to do this via the crontab.
- Opsview support scripts must be installed on the orchestrator: Opsview - Install support scripts
- Ensure these are up-to-date: Opsview - Update support scripts
Files of interest
- Run the following command to create the necessary configuration file.
- importantly, the *.yml.in file must be preserved.
# cd /opt/opsview/supportscripts
# cp -p etc/recur_downtime.yml.in etc/recur_downtime.yml
Make changes appropriately to this file including or excluding/removing references to the hostgroups or hosts section/lines. e.g. use the hostgroups section for setting downtime for a host group. Once completed, it may now be incorporated within the opsview crontab.
Note: If the Opsview UI is not using HTTPS please replace "https" in the url directive with "http".
username: (please supply with opsview username)
password: (please supply with opsview password)
- comment: Scheduled recurring downtime
frequency: 3rd Tuesday of every month
Please sign in to leave a comment.