REST-Extractor plugin is introduced from Geneos GA4.11.
Here are the plugin requirements:
- Netprobe, Gateway and License Daemon v4.11 or higher
- Tokens for Rest-Extractor license
- Set up correct Java environment for the netprobe. You can refer to this link: https://docs.itrsgroup.com/docs/geneos/current/Netprobe/configure/configure-the-java-environment.html
Here is an example:
In Url, it is the source URL which the REST Extractor plug-in expects a JSON response.
If you use curl (e.g. : curl http://myRestURL) or web browser to access the URL , here is the output:
Output in Rest-Extractor dataview:
Common errors while setting up Rest-Extractor (other than missing requirements):
- - Make sure the connection can be established from the server which has netprobe installed. You can test the connection by using curl command.
- - Make sure your JSON output follows the Response format as described in this page: https://docs.itrsgroup.com/docs/geneos/current/data-collection/rest-extractor.html#Response_format . A common mistake is missing the brackets: [ <JSON body> ] at the beginning and end of JSON body.
- - Wrong query in the Query field:If you put down an unsupported query, you will get that error. Test your query in https://jqplay.org/ before putting it into Rest-Extractor.
You can always reach out to ITRS support if you have any Geneos questions.