Since starting the relationship between Thomson Reuters and ITRS in 2011 we have worked together to create a plug-and-play monitoring solution for a standard TREP platform. This has resulted in 2 gateway includes:
- TR_Infrastructure.xml: This contains types, samplers, sampler includes, rules and predefined database logging tables for all the major components in and around TREP (EED, EZD, ADH, ADS, DACS. ATS, TSP, FXT, DTS, Contex, MLIP, RRCP and RMON).
- TR_Local.xml: This contains a state tree and environment variables that can be adjusted to the site.
The state tree has been predefined with types for TR_Infrastructure so that any managed entities will automatically inherit samplers from the folder, which in turn includes variables for shared memory key, log file name and component process name as well as sampler includes for FKM samplers for the specific component.
The solution builds on ITRS Professional Services Best Standard practice, which provides a baseline platform for greenfield sites. On exiting gateways you can use your standard baseline monitoring.
The solution is free to download and install, but as usual we do also offer Professional Services assistance to help with this. You are of course also welcome to contact the helpdesk should you run into minor problems with the implementation.
The samplers are built to provide a good solid base monitoring solution for TREP, focusing on the core functions of the individual components in a runtime environment. For more detailed and site specific monitoring requirements it provides a good platform to build on.
The solution features, amongst others:
- EED monitoring using SNMP to draw statistics from the Reuters Server Console
- DACS SQL queries to replicate the alert functions from the DACS Console (Sybase, PostGreSql and Oracle)
- Predefined FKM keys
- Throughput capacity alerting (for tuned systems with a known capacity threshold)
ITRS Geneos customers can obtain the TREP Integration package (TR_local.xml, TR_Infrastructure.xml and associated documentation) in the ITRS download site.
For more information, contact support.