This can be extracted using the WMI plug-in.
Below are screenshots of a WMI sampler configuration, resulting dataview and the actual Windows folder:
- WMI sampler configuration
- Class: The WMI namespace to be used. In the below configuration, the namespace CIM_DataFile is used as this contains the data of the files in the Windows OS
- Column: These are the columns or properties of the CIM_DataFile namespace. You can extract the columns of a namespace via Window's wbemtest.exe (C:\Windows\System32\wbem\wbemtest.exe) or via Google
- Restriction: This contains the conditions you want to extract from the namespace.
- The sampler below will get the file versions of all files with the extension "exe" in the folder "D:\Windows\"
- Windows folder
Attached is the sampler XML.