If in case the unlock or force unlock in the ActiveConsole does not work to unlock the gateway setup, you can do the following steps to manually unlock a locked gateway.setup.xml file.
1. To do this, once you have logged in to the gateway box, login to a functional account.
2. Go to the gateway config directory of the gateway setup file you want to modify.
e.g. cd /opt/itrs/gateway2/config/<gateway name>
3. Look for the gateway.setup.xml.lock file in the directory.
4. Rename the gateway.setup.xml.lock to a different file name to unlock the gateway.setup.xml file.
mv -f gateway.setup.xml.lock <renamed filename>
5. You can now go back to AC and do the updates/modifications on GSE then save your changes.
6. After saving, go back to the gateway box and revert back the renamed gateway.setup.xml.lock file to its original filename.
mv -f <renamed filename> gateway.setup.xml.lock