The Gateway diagnostics file contains all of the setup files used by a Gateway (except remote include files). These are essential in replicating and investigating issues.
This feature was introduced in Gateway version GA3.0.21-140801.
Steps to extract
- Right click the Gateway in question in the Active Console's Gateway Dockable
- Click the Create Diagnostics command
- Check the Active Console's Output Window for the filename (format is: diag-<timestamp>.tar.gz) of the diagnostics file
- Locate the said file in the Gateway Server. The location of the file is displayed at the last line of the Active Console's output window.
- Upload it to a support ticket or as requested by the CS Analyst.
Command is not present/visible
If the Create Diagnostics command is not present in the right-click menu, it is possible that it has been disabled at the Authentication settings (/GATEWAY:createDiagnostics command). Please raise this to the assigned Geneos administrator of the company or organization.