Product: OP5 Monitor
Release Number: 7.3.9
Release Date: March 7, 2017
Release Type: Micro
Previous Release: 7.3.7
- Fixed a bug that caused non-OK hard stated to not be written to the report database, causing SLA and Availability reports to display incorrect information.
- Made license information available in the About box for users with permission to view license details.
- Steps towards CentOS / Red Hat Linux 7 support
- EL7 installations will use rsyslog instead of syslog-ng. Rsyslog is Red Hat's chosen default log daemon and we have received requests from customers to use the default instead of syslog-ng. Customers with non-standard configuration will need to manually port that configuration to Rsyslog when upgrading to EL7.
- Added support for parsing EventID from Windows log messages
- Added support for autostarting PostgreSQL on EL7
- Added support for autostarting RRDCached on EL7
- Improved testing on EL7
We have made a new beta-version of OP5 Monitor for RHEL/CentOS 7 available as a virtual machine image, to give our customers a chance to test their own configuration and integrations as soon as possible and report any local problems found. To update the existing beta-version, just run yum update.
Since we are constantly adding new features to OP5 Monitor, some things will have to die. Usually this is the case when we need to replace some functionality with something better but occasionally we have to remove things that are rarely used and are only costing resources for maintenance. Resources that instead could be used to improve the product. In this release, the following was deprecated:
- check_linux_stats - our recommendation is to use check_by_snmp instead.
- check_ec2_status - for some time, at least one of the dependencies for this package has been missing in epel, and we've been unable to find a viable replacement candidate.
How to upgrade
Click the update notification in the OP5 Monitor web interface, use yum update on the command line or download the latest tarball for offline installation.
If you have any questions surrounding this micro release, you are more than welcome to get in touch with us.
Try OP5 Monitor Enterprise+
Download full 30 day trial version, including all features, API and OP5 App support