Product: OP5 Monitor
Release Date: September 28, 2018
Release Type: Major
OP5 is happy to announce the first public Beta build of Monitor 8 as we are heading towards the final release. Since we are now in Beta stage our focus will be on solving bugs and possible usability problems.
Of course you should still keep in mind it's not a final release yet and that on any upgrade a small glitch could happen as we are still doing rework. Once you decide to give it a try it is highly recommended that you create a backup first.
- Automatically discovers all the devices using the following methods:
- Seed IP, which is used as a starting point to build the device network graph.
- IP range is used to sweep the network for the devices available within the range.
- Covers a wide range of devices by supporting multiple protocols: LLDP, ICMP, SNMP v1, v2c, v3.
- Documentation can be found here: Autodiscovery
- A new configuration manager that enables saving/exporting Naemon configuration in the background.
- REST API for configuration export.
- Fully integrated in UI for smoother configuration management.
- Documentation can be found here: Nachos
- check_vmware 2.0
- The new VMware plugin monitors virtual infrastructures managed by a VMware vCenter or VMware ESXi servers, such as its data centers, clusters, hosts and virtual machines.
- It can check a wide range of different metrics and statuses depending on the targeted infrastructure, for example CPU load, memory usage, network activity, runtime states, etc..
- Documentation can be found here: VMware plugin 2.0
- Livestatus Caching
- A mechanism that allows accessing livestatus data while Naemon is restarting.
- Improves user experience while the system applies new configuration.
- Documentation can be found here: Cached Monitor
- More stable and responsive UI during configuration export process.
- Lots of small fixes and improvements.
- User export is still work in progress.
How to upgrade
To update to OP5 Monitor 8 beta from any previous version of Monitor 7 follow these instructions:
- Run 'yum install op5-release-8-beta'
- Run 'yum update'
- Verify the monitor version by executing 'cat /etc/op5-monitor-release'
Make sure to run
If you have any questions surrounding this micro release, you are more than welcome to get in touch with us.
Try OP5 Monitor Enterprise+
Download full 30 day trial version, including all features, API and OP5 App support