Monitors HP RAID controller, this is not checked by the normal HP hardware check in op5 Monitor.
|NOTE: HP ACU CLI was designed for Windows 2012 and we have not validated this for newer Windows Operating Systems. This article remains here as a reference for how this worked.|
This will enable HP RAID monitoring on your HP Proliant server. This how will require that you download an external script to your op5 Agent.
If there is a problem with your RAID the output will tell you the problem, for example say which disk that is failing.
- HP ACU CLI must be installed, download and install this from HP.
- Download the script check_smartarray.vbs to your op5 Agent script folder, C:\Program Files\op5\NSClient++\scripts
Edit custom.ini, located in C:\Program Files\op5\NSClient++\Note that you might need to change the path to hpacucli.exe.
- Save the file and restart the op5 NSClient++ windows service.
- Go to op5 Monitor -> Configure -> Commands
- Create a new check command with the following settings:
command_line: $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 30 -c check_raid
- Click on Submit.
- Select your HP Server in the configuration and add a new service
service_description: RAID Status
- Click on Submit and save your configuration.