How to monitor an Oracle database server?
You can monitor an Oracle Installation from our Monitor server if you install Oracle Instant Client and use the plugin check_oracle.pl.
check_oracle.pl is designed in co-operation with an Oracle DBA and focuses on automating common DBA-tasks.
check_oracle.pl depends on Oracle Instant Client and a user with sufficient access to the databases you want to monitor. The plugin can monitor:
- database availability (tnsping)
- login or dummy login
- cache hit ratio
- tablespace usage
- datafile usage
- total number of datafiles
- available extents per table or tablespace
- log archiving enabled or not
- user defined query, match for string or numeric value - locks
- broken transactions
- failed transactions
- transactions in the deferred error queue
- invalid transactions
The plugin supports placing authentication credentials in an auth-file and can handle hostname as input instead of using a .ora-file for SID-lookups.