This article aims to describe how to include PNP graphs of a service check in a NagVis map or within a widget in the Tactical Overview.
This documentation is deprecated in favour of the OP5 Monitor administrator documentation: NagVis maps#Addagraph
Decide which graph to use for your NagVis map and then fetch its raw address (URL):
- Navigate to the graphs page of the service check that you want to add.
- Have a look at your browser's address bar. Copy the current address to the clipboard.
- Start up a text editor such as Notepad and paste the address from the clipboard. The address should look like similar to this:
Note: The %20 is the URL encoded version of a space character.
- Modify the address like this:
In other words, everything up to the question mark has been replaced.
- Finally add square brackets surrounding the whole address, resulting in an address that looks like this:
Create a NagVis map with a PNP graph
- Navigate to NagVis.
- Click on the menu options Options ?> Manage Maps.
- Decide what to name your new map and enter this Create map.
Note: You do not need to choose a background.
- Click on the Create button.
Add the PNP graph
- Click on the menu options Edit Map ?> Add Icon ?> Service
- Click somewhere on the map.
- Set host_name to the host your PNP graph represents.
- Set service_description to the service your PNP graph represents.
- Set view_type to gadget.
- Click the Save button.
- Logon to the Monitor server by SSH and change directory into the maps directory:
- Using your favorite text editor, open up the configuration file of your map. The file will be named as the-name-of-your-map.cfg.
- The recently added icon should have added a service definition. Add a gadget_url parameter just below view_type=gadget, like this:
gadget_url=The value has been set to the same address as prepared in the prerequisites of this how-to.
Optional: Include more than one PNP graph
Just follow the steps above and add another PNP graph.
Optional: Add the NagVis map within a Widget in the Tactical Overview
- Navigate to the Tactical Overview.
- Enable the NagVis widget if not enabled.
- Click on the "Edit this widget" icon (the cog wheel) in the upper right hand corner of the widget.
- Set Map to the NagVis map containing the PNP graph(s).