This article has been tested and verified with OP5 Monitor 7.0 and earlier, it could work on both lower and higher versions if nothing else is stated. Running local mirrors of the official repositories is only supported on a best-effort level.
This how-to is aimed towards the users who wants to create a local mirror of the OP5 repositories instead of fetching them via the Internet directly.
It may be need to be modified to work with different versions of OP5 Monitor, OP5 Appliance System and CentOS.
- A server running OP5 Monitor or the OP5 Appliance System with a valid license
- A server running the 64 bit version of CentOS 6.x for hosting of the local mirror with 4 GB of free disk space
Configuration of the local mirror
1. Make sure that the server hosting the local mirror is up to date:
2. Install the packages "yum-utils" and "createrepo"
3. Copy the repository configuration files and verification keys from the OP5 Monitor system to the mirror host:
This step may need to be executed again if new repositories are added by OP5.
4. Verify that the repositories has been installed correctly:
5. Install and enable Apache httpd to serve our repository mirror:
If you have the iptables firewall enabled, make sure to allow inbound traffic for port 80/TCP
6. Create a repository directory and synchronize the packages to the local system:
Synchronizing the repositories can take some time, depending on your Internet connection - this is a good time for a coffee break!
7. Create metadata for the locally synchronized repositories:
Configuring the OP5 Monitor system
8. Reconfigure the repositories on the op5 Monitor server to use the local mirror by changing the "baseurl" setting:
Change the "baseurl" setting in all OP5 related repositories located in "/etc/yum.repos.d/"
9. Clean up all yum cache information with the following command:
Scheduling repository synchronization
A tool like cron can be used to schedule synchronization of the OP5 repositories.
Below is an example script that can be placed in "/etc/cron.daily" to be executed on a daily basis: