NSClient ++ 0.3.9
- The NSClient++ monitoring agent version 0.3.9 installed on the target host
- Permissions to add check commands and services in op5 Monitor
Adding the check command
- Hover over the "Manage" menu and select "Configure"
- Click on "Commands" in the "Core Configuration" section
Add a new command with the following settings:
Option Value command_name check_nrpe_windows_eventlog_id command_line
- Click the "Submit" button and save the configuration changes.
Using the check command in a service
The check command that we created above takes 5 user supplied arguments:
|$ARG1$||Event log file ("Application", "Security", "System" or similar)|
|$ARG2$||Warning threshold for number of events|
|$ARG3$||Critical threshold for number of events|
|$ARG4$||Look-back time interval ("15m", "3h", "5d" or similar)|
Example use case 1
In the following example we will add a service monitoring an event ID telling us that the system encountered issues while loading a users profile.
This event has the ID "1505" and is located in the "Application" file.
- Open up your target host in the configuration utility, go to the services section and select "Add new service".
Change the following configuration options:
Option Value service_description Profile problems check_command check_nrpe_windows_eventlog_id check_command_args Application!1!1!2h!1505
- Click on the "Submit" button and save the configuration changes