Netprobe database libraries. SQL Plugin error. SQL Plugin fail. Configure SQL Plugin.
ERROR: SQL-TOOLKIT Fail - libmysqlclient_r.so: cannost open shared object file: No such file or directory
Since Geneos Release 5.x SQL Toolkit plugin is using libmysqlclient.so library. However, older Geneos versions are still looking for libmysqlclient_r.so.
With an old Geneos version and a new MariaDB database we will have the paradox of MariaDB client providing libmysqlclient.so and Geneos looking for libmysqlclient_r.so, hence, the following issue in logs:
<Wed Jul 1 10:32:34> ERROR: SQL-TOOLKIT Fail -
libmysqlclient_r.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmysqlclient_r.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmysqlclient_r.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmysqlclient_r.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
DBMS API Library loading fails
This library is a part of DBMS client installation, not SQLAPI++
Make sure DBMS client is installed and
this required library is available for dynamic loading
To solve the issue, there are two alternatives:
1. Update the netprobe version, so the netprobe looks for libmysqlclient.so library. (Recommended)
2. Create a Symbolic link from libmysqlclient_r.so to libmysqlclient.so in the mysql client library folder. The command to be run in Linux should look similar to this one:
ln -s /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so
You can find other version compatibility in the Compatibility Matrix
- Why is Database Logging not working ?
- Connecting to MySQL and MariaDB from a 32-bit Solaris Gateway
- Geneos - How to solve database client installation issues in SQL-Toolkit plugin
If Issue Persists
- Please contact with our Client Services team via the chat service box available in any of our websites or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you provide to us:
- Netprobe version
- Error seen when starting the netprobe
- Netprobe log file
- Gateway log file
-Any troubleshooting step already verified from the ones described in this article.