Part 1 : Sybase Client Installation
Download the Sybase Client from Sybase's download page.
- Install the 32 bit Sybase client
2. Extract the "interfaces" file from the Sybase Database server
3. Install it in the Sybase Directory (e.g. /data/sybase)
After setting up your Sybase Client, you may now proceed to the following steps below.
4. Modify the Gateway (for DB Logging) or Netprobe (for SQL Toolkit) start script and add the following:
- In case the Sybase installation directory is different from the above sample, just look for the file "libsybintl_r.so*". This is the actual library required by the Gateway and Netprobe.
- The SYBASE variable must be the directory where the OCS* folder and interfaces file are located
- The SYBASE_LIB variable must be the directory where the file, "ibsybintl_r.so*", is found
5. Set up the DB Logging or SQL-Toolkit
- DB Logging sample configuration
Sample Sybase DB Logging XML Configuration
- SQL-Toolkit sample configuration
Sample Sybase SQL Toolkit Configuration
This configuration has been tested and is working on ITRS Environment.