If you have multiple sources (dataviews) for gateway sql and want to combine them into a single dataview via gateway SQL, you can use the Xpath table. For example, you have 2 CPU samplers belonging to 2 different Managed entities and you want to display the percentUtilisation column only of these 2 samplers in gateway SQL dataview. Here are the steps:
- Setup the Xpath to be: /geneos/gateway[(@name="GATEWAY_9370")]/directory/probe/managedEntity/sampler[(@name="CPU")][(@type="")]/dataview[(@name="CPU")]/rows/row/cell[(@column="percentUtilisation")] --> this will evaluate to 2 CPU samplers, 1 under LAWIN managed entity and the other under LAWIN32 managed entity
- Define the columns you need. For this example, we define the Managed entity name, rowname, and perecntUtilisation.
- Simply query from the source table "CPU"
- Resulting dataview will be:
- If you want to show the values from LAWIN managed entity only, then you can filter using sql query: select * from CPU where "ME Name" = 'LAWIN' and the result will be: