The FKM's triggerDetails cell contains the log entry where the configured error keyword is found. Given this, users typically configure rules that target the said cell. This way, the log entry that contains the error keyword is also sent with the alert.
Adding extra log entries or lines
This is currently not supported by the FKM plugin. However, this is still doable by creating a custom alert script. Here are the high level steps:
- Identify the server of the target log file
- Ensure that there is a Gateway or a Netprobe running on the target log file's server
- Create a custom alert script on the said server
- Include the Geneos variable for the target cell (i.e. _VALUE)
- Add commands, such as tail or head in Linux, to get the additional log entries required
- Create an action or effect that executes the custom script
- Create a rule or alert that triggers the action or effect.