- Starting GA3.0.21 (and succeeding Netprobe versions), data is extracted from the following sources:
- DiskStats - "/proc/diskstats" File
- SysFs - "/sys/block/<Device Name>/stat" File
- Partitions - "/proc/partitions" File
- StatFile - "/proc/stat" File (From the code, this is almost never used unless the first three data sources are not available in the system, which is very rare.)
The data is extracted in order. For example, the Device IO plugin looks at DiskStats first. If DiskStats is not available, it then looks at SysFS and so on.
- Prior GA3.0.21, data is extracted from the output of the iostat -x 1 2 command.