What is the FTM's activePeriod
From the documentation:
An amount in seconds that gets added before and after the expected time of a file to provide a period during which file arrivals should be recognized and responded to and ignored otherwise.
This is useful when you are monitoring the arrival of a file with the same name two or more times during the day. If a file arrives after (expectedTime + activePeriod), then none of the displayed metrics should be affected.
Below are the scenarios when the activePeriod setting is enabled/disabled regardless if the file entry has an asterisk/wildcard ( * ) or none:
- Disabled (without activePeriod) - arrivalTime, currentFileSize and the Delay columns are present. The Delay will be updated if the file was modified or overwritten after the expectedTime.
- Enabled (with activePeriod)
- arrivalTime and currentFileSize will be null and the Delay column will continuously increment if the file arrived outside the expectedTime + activePeriod time
- The FTM sampler will start monitoring on expectedTime - activePeriod and will stop monitoring on expectedTime + activePeriod.
- The timestamp of the file must be within the difference and the sum of the aforesaid equation. For example, if we set the activePeriod to 60 seconds and the expectedTime to 19:45, your file's timestamp must be within the periods 19:44 and 19:46. A timestamp of 19:44:30 will be captured by the FTM sampler but a timestamp of 19:43:55 or 19:47:00 will not be captured.