The plug-in neither cannot connect nor cannot resolve the hostname of the database server.
To troubleshoot this:
- Extract the database server's hostname being used by the SQL-Toolkit plug-in
- It can be extracted either via tnsnames.ora or listener.ora depending on which file is being used.
- It can be in the connection string defined in the SQL-Toolkit sampler itself.
- Execute a ping command that targets the said server's hostname from the Netprobe server.
- If ping is unsuccessful, report the results to the database and network/firewall administrators.
- If ping is successful, check the dataview if the error persists. If the error persists, validate the correct Oracle network file then extract the hostname being referred to.
Kindly also check the following guides: